My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://supernovamom.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Eczema Cure

My 10-year-old son has had eczema since he was an infant, and since then I've been on a quest to find something that would soothe his itchiness and the ugly red areas on his skin. He has a prescription for a steroid cream and I've tried what seemed like dozens of different lotions. This last winter, the eczema spread to the corners of his mouth, then to his right eyelid; the skin in those areas had severe flaking, and while the lotions and Vaseline helped for a little while, the redness always remained.

In the spring, I took him into his pediatrician for something else, a flu I think, and the pediatrician noticed his eczema. She suggested trying Aquaphor, which she described as similar to Vaseline. We tried it and found what I had been searching for all this time ... we applied it frequently at first (like 6 times a day) then as his skin healed, went down to just the morning and evening. I know I sound like an ad, but this stuff really works. It comes in tubes and tubs in the baby care section and the lotion section at CVS. Haven't seen it at Walmart or Target.

No comments: